SYSTEM STATUS as of
Customers using Google Chrome, Version 42, to log into Global OpenNet(GO) should follow the steps below to successfully launch their User Desktop:
For instructions and more information regarding this workaround please go to: https://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Type: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the URL bar
- Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
- Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.
ANNOUNCEMENT(S): No Announcements at this time.
- Initial Setup
- Logging In
- Logging Out
- User Tips
- Password Reset
- Mobile Devices
Q: Why can't I open my User Desktop?
A: Make sure you disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from the *.state.gov site.
Q: How do I disable pop-up blocker in Explorer and Firefox?
A: For Windows Explorer, select 'Tools' and select 'Turn off Pop-up blocker'.
A: For Mozilla Firefox, select 'Tools', 'Options' and select 'Content'. Uncheck the 'Block pop-up windows' option.
A: For Safari (Mac OS X), select 'Safari' in your Safari menu and uncheck the 'Block Pop-Up Windows' option.
Q: Why do I get a pop-up window that shows I need Java?
A: One of the prerequisites of using the GO system is to install Java. On the System Login and Information page select the 'Required System Setup' link and install Java from the displayed System Setup and Compatibility page.
Q: Why do I get a pop-up window that shows I need to install Citrix Plug-in?
A: On the System Login and Information page select the 'Required System Setup' link and install the Citrix Plug-In from the displayed System Setup and Compatibility page.
Q: What do I do after I install the Citrix Plug-In and printing software?
A: Restart your browser to ensure proper installation.
Q: How do I enable TLS 1.0?
A: Go to 'Tools', select 'Internet Options' and choose the 'Advanced Tab' then check the 'Use TLS v1.0' option.
Q: How do I choose to allow pop-ups from *.state.gov?
A: Go to 'Tools, select 'Pop-up Blocker' and choose 'Pop-up Blocker Settings'. You will then enter '*.state.gov' in the 'Address of website to allow' field and choose 'Add'.
Q: What domain do I use when logging in?
A: You will need to use the DOS domain where you reside.
Q: What do I do if I press the Safeword or RSA buttons and the login screen doesn't appear?
A: Ensure TLS v1.0 is enabled in your browser.
Q: How do I log out of the User Desktop?
A: Select the "Start" button in the lower left hand corner of the screen and choose "Log off".
Q: How do I make a program shortcut on my desktop?
A: Go to 'Start', 'All Programs' and select the program you want to shortcut. Then choose 'Send To' and 'Desktop'.
Q: What is Kiosk Mode?
A: The GO System Kiosk Mode is intended to provide a quick and easy method to access the GO System resources from public or shared computers such as in airports, libraries, and kiosks where you may not have the ability to install software. It works for both Windows and MAC.
Q: How do I print my documents?
A: From the 'System Login and Information' page, select the 'Required System Setup' link which displays the 'System Setup and Compatibility' page allowing users to install the printing software.
Q: How do I verify that I have the correct printing software installed?
A: Go to 'Control Panel' and choose 'Add or Remove Programs'. The 'ScrewDrivers Client v4 (ica only) appears. The correct triCerat version you should have is 4.6.00.05.
Q: Why am I no longer able to print documents from the GO System after I upgrade my Citrix plug-in?
A: After performing any update to your version of the Citrix plug-in, you are required to re-install the triCerat printing software in order to use the printing feature.
Q: What is not supported in Kiosk mode vs Standard mode?
A: Printing is not currently supported in Kiosk Mode.
Q: Why can't I map my drives in GO?
A: If you are trying to map Drive Letters A through G please be aware they are reserved system drives which cannot be mapped. H Drive is also reserved for your Home Directory by default. To remedy this issue, you may select a different drive letter (I through Z) and map to your desired path.
Q: What OpenNet applications are supported by GO?
A: Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, InfoPath, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Communicator), Visio Viewer, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, QuickTime, TBGRID, SMART Client and eForms. More applications are actively being tested to be added to the GO System.
Q: How do I change my display settings on my User Desktop?
A: Select the 'Preferences' icon. You can either choose 'Scale to Fit', 'Actual Size' or 'Change Resolution'.
Q: What are the logo boxes at the top of the User Desktop page?
A: The logo boxes help you navigate between your user desktop and applications.
Q: Why can't I gain access to the GO System when I attempt to launch the desktop icon?
A: The IE clients will try to use ActiveX first and then fail over to Java. Make sure to install the Java client.
Q: Why can't I adjust my screen to full view in Kiosk mode?
A: As a security feature, Kiosk Mode does not allow you to have a full screen view.
Q: What should I do if I upgrade to Mac OS Lion and run in to issues logging in to Global OpenNet (GO)?
A: You can address this issue by uninstalling the current version of the Citrix Online Plug-in, and then re-install the Citrix Online Plug-in. Outlined below are the two procedures for doing so.
How to Uninstall Citrix Online Plug-in:
1) Open Safari and navigate to the GO website (http://go.state.gov).
2) Select 'System Setup and Compatibility' on the left navigation menu.
3) Select the 'Install Citrix Plug-in' hyperlink under the Mac Apple icon to download the Citrix Online Plug-in compress file to your Mac desktop.
4) Select the compress file -- after the Citrix Online Plug-In compress file has completely downloaded -- to [mount] it to your desktop.
The Citrix Online Plug-In screen appears and provides two options:
a. Install Citrix Online Plug-in.PKG
b. Uninstall Citrix Online Plug-in
5) Select the 'Uninstall Citrix Online Plug-in' to remove your current version.
6) Select 'Continue to uninstall' to confirm the action.
7) Enter your system password when prompted to approve the uninstall of the application.
8) Select 'Finish' to close the notification that the application has been successfully removed.
How to Install Citrix Online Plug-in:
1) Navigate back to the Citrix Online Plug-in screen and select 'Install Citrix Online Plug-in.pkg'.
2) Select the 'Continue' button twice for the application to populate a plug-in installer wizard.
3) Select 'Agree' in the appearing agreement to accept the installation of the Citrix Online Plug-in.
4) Select 'Install' to start the installation of the application. (NOTE: The size of the application is 19.3 MB.)
5) Enter your system password when prompted for the software to be installed on your system.
6) Select the 'Close' button on the appearing notification that the installation is complete.
Q: Can I change my OpenNet password in GO once it expires?
A: Yes, if your password has already expired, please click on the following link: Password Reset
Mobile Devices GuidesFor details please read GO Quick Guides for Mobile Devices